Common Digs and Highfield Regenerative Farm are teaming up to bring back Mud Fair and we wanted to invite you all to come and be part of it to help spread the word about all of our programs and muddy work we're doing!
Mud Fair is in celebration of the World Forum’s International Mud Day and will be held on June 25th, 2023 from 11:00 am-2:00 pm at Highfield Farm (1920 Highfield Cres). It's a fun-filled afternoon where everyone is encouraged to get a little dirt on their hands! Mud pits, mud art, mud slides, mud kitchens, yoga, food, storytelling and music are just a few of the muddy fun activities. This year we are hoping for 500+ adults and children to attend.
Ways to get involved:
1) Participate in the Mud Kitchen Challenge
Build and donate a Mud Kitchen to Highfield Regenerative Farm for the Mud Kitchen Challenge for Mud Fair (11-2 pm June 25th). Participants of Mud Fair will play on the submitted Mud Kitchens and then vote for their favorite one. At the end of the day the one with the most votes will be announced as the winner and be presented with the highly coveted Muddy Spoon award!
Mud Kitchens will also be up for silent auction with funds going to support Highfield Farm. We will promote your programs with signage at your kitchen and on social media.
2) Offer a muddy activity or music - in 2019 Michelle from Wild Child offered mud body painting! It was so much fun and everyone loved it! Have a muddy good idea you'd want to offer - just let us know. You're welcome to bring your own signage, tent etc to promote your programs. We are also seeking family-friendly musicians to bring this event to life. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in contributing.
3) Bring your family and friends! Even if you can't participate through the first two options we hope you will come out and play! Tickets are $5 per person and available on the Highfield Farm website.
4) Volunteer - To make this even a success, we are looking for volunteers to help us out – free entry for the volunteer and 1 child! Help BBQ, Check-in guests, supervise the mud slide and more. Register here: https://www.highfieldfarm.ca/event-details/volunteer-mud-fair-2023-06-25-11-00
5) Spread the word! See the press release, and social media graphics below for you to share this event with your networks. Here are the details one more time just in case:
Common Digs presents Mud Fair at Highfield Farm
Good, not-so-clean, family fun!
Sunday June 25th, 11am-2pm
Tickets on sale now: https://www.highfieldfarm.ca/event-details/mud-fair
Thank you for helping us spread the word, and we hope to see you there!