Sun, Jun 25|
Got MUD? Common Digs X Highfield Farm
Time & Location
Jun 25, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Calgary, 1920 Highfield Crescent SE, Calgary, AB T2G 5M1, Canada
About the Event
VOLUNTEER for Mud Fair! Free entry for you and a child
Mud Fair 2023 is co-hosted by Common Digs and Highfield Regenerative Farm.
Families can enjoy live music, join outdoor yoga, create mud paintings, and get muddy at every turn! Kids and adults get to dive into muddy activities including rolling and digging around in the mud pit, slipping and slithering down the mud slides, and competing in a mud race. Families can also demonstrate their mud chef skills by mixing up muddy soups, stews, and mud pies in the mud kitchens which will all be available for auction to take home.
This event will go on rain or shine, and families should play at their own risk.
The price of tickets will raise to $10 per person on June 21; get your order in now! :)
Everyone who joins us on-site must complete a quick waiver here: https://www.highfieldfarm.ca/non-member-waivers
Highfield Farm's paths are made of woodchips and are not always perfectly level. The site is spread over 15 acres and is generally accessible to people who use mobility devices. Unfortunately, we do not have wheelchair-accessible washrooms on site. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Here's the official Mud Fair Packing List:
- Your Tickets - These can either be virtual on your phone or printed
- Clothes that can get Muddy! You're more than likely going to get muddy, and subsequently, you might get cold even if it's a pretty warm day. The best option for Mud Fair clothing is anything that is lightweight and quick-drying, like polyester or nylon. Cotton will likely remain wet for the duration of the event.
- Shoes that can get Muddy! Rain boots reign supreme for Mud Fair footwear! We strongly encourage everyone to keep their shoes on for the duration of the event.
- Sun Protection includes water-resistant sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and long sleeves and/or pants.
- Rain Gear - Mud Fair goes on rain or shine; check the weather forecast Sunday morning and dress accordingly.
- Ziplock Bag or Dry Bag for Electronics - better safe than sorry!
- Blanket or Camp Chairs
- Blanket, Towel or Yoga Mat for participating in 1 pm yoga class.
- Big Bottle of Water to stay hydrated. We will have water stations if you need a refill!
- Snacks or cash for the BBQ
- Towels - to dry off after the rinse station and remove any lingering mud!
- Extra Set of Dry Clothing and Shoes
- Heavy-duty Bags are a convenient place to store muddy clothes while traveling home.
- A Wagon has been really handy in the past for towing around mud-exhausted kiddos and extra supplies
- A Jug of (Biodegradable) Soapy Water could be helpful for cleaning up at our rinse station - our water is not heated!
- Friends and Family - It's not too late to invite your team!
Mud Fair is a rain or shine event, but we may need to delay opening the event if there are thunderstorms, winds blowing over 50km/hr, or AQHI >7. Emails will be sent out to all attendees with ongoing weather updates. If thunder occurs during the event, we will have people shelter in their vehicles for 30 minutes after the last rumble of thunder is heard before going outside again.
+CA$0.13 service fee
Individual entry to Mud Fair! Children under 2 are free.
+CA$0.13 service fee
+CA$0.25 service fee
Lunch kit includes a hamburger or hot dog (veggie options available), a snack, and a drink. Please note, our current capacity does not allow us to cater to GF diets.
+CA$0.25 service fee0