Tue, May 09|
Seed to Table: Let's Make Compost!
Course provided by the Calgary Horticultural Society: Join Mike Dorion, Living Soil Solutions, to talk about creating a healthy home compost using organic material collected from your kitchen and neighbourhood.
Time & Location
May 09, 2023, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Calgary, 1920 Highfield Crescent SE, Calgary, AB T2G 5M1, Canada
About the Event
Join Mike Dorion, Living Soil Solutions, to talk about creating a healthy home compost using organic material collected from your kitchen and neighbourhood.
Mike will cover:
- What is a quality compost?
- What are the steps to creating your own backyard compost?
- What things that you might not think of adding to home compost but could be useful
- How to use home "wastes" in a balanced way - ensuring a good carbon to nitrogen (C:N) ratio
- What to scrounge and ask your neighbours for
- What things don't do well in home compost.
Speaker: Mike Dorion
This event will take place in the greenhouse at Highfield. Temperatures may fluctuate, please dress for the weather. Space is limited.
Registration for this event will close Thursday May 4, 2023
If you have questions or concerns, please call 403.287.3469 ex 0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is offered in partnership with The City of Calgary